Add to Calendar
March 13, 2017 – March 14, 2017 all-day
Key theme: Transfer and adaptation – the next step
- Promoting MD/IA: What will link policy and practice – current practices and challenges in implementing child friendly practices within the child protection systems?
- How can our advice be implemented in different national contexts? How can the MD/IA services become active agents for change in Europe?
- Red thread: child-friendly environment, focus on forensic interviews and children’s access to justice, children’s participation and follow up.
Programme in short:
- Study visit to the Multi Disciplinary Center Child Abuse and Neglect at Hospital Hoofddorp and to the Child and Youth Trauma Center KENTER in Haarlem, Netherlands
- Learning from each others experiences in building MD/IA Models; Looking at the different models, what brings transferability and adaptability?
- Consultation and information on the Tracking Tool (scorecard) pilot in relation to the Methodology, Good Practice Guidance and Advocacy Brief.
- Multi Disciplinary Center Child Abuse and Neglect (MDCK)
- Child and Youth Trauma Center (KJTC)
Exchange meeting presentations
- Safe at Home, Child Protection Board and Youth Protection – Jacob Jan Feenstra, Safe at Home Kennemerland
- Forensic and medical examination – Wouter Kars, Netherlands Forensic Institute
- Approach on High Conflict Divorces – Margreet Visser, Child and Youth Trauma Center (KJTC) of KENTER in Haarlem
- Risk Driven Care and Offender Treatment as part of systemic approach, Sander van Arum (Child Safety Expert)
- Research on family violence and child abuse and the link with research on the MDCK model – Majone Steketee, Verwey-Jonker Institute
- Good guidance document progress – Olivia Lind Haldorsson, Child Circle
- Tracking tool progress – Eliane Smits, Verwey-Jonker Institute
- Putting the Advocacy Brief into Practice – Olivia Lind Haldorsson and Rebecca O’Donnell, Child Circle
Pilot country materials
- Estonia’s newly launched Barnahus
- Hungary’s newly launched Barnahus in video
- Malta in the news: